Advantages and disadvantages of plate heat exchanger
Plate heat exchanger is a high-efficiency heat exchanger made of a series of corrugated metal sheets. It has the characteristics of high heat exchange efficiency, small heat loss, compact and lightweight structure, small floor area and long service life. It has been widely used in metallurgy, mining, petroleum, chemical industry, electric power, medicine, food, chemical fiber, papermaking, light textile, shipbuilding, heating and other departments. Here is a detailed introduction to the advantages and disadvantages of plate heat exchanger.
Advantages of plate heat exchanger:
1. Compact structure and large heat exchange area per unit volume.
2. It has strong adaptability and can meet the required heat exchange area by increasing or decreasing plates.
3. Small heat loss.
4. Due to the small plate gap (2 ~ 8mm), the material can pass through the thin layer quickly and the heat exchange temperature can be accurately controlled.
Disadvantages of plate heat exchanger:
1. Due to the limitation of structural form, rubber gasket must be used. The sealing perimeter is long and difficult to seal.
2. The pressure bearing capacity is low (not higher than 2MPa), and the service temperature (not higher than 180 ℃) is limited by the temperature resistance of the gasket.
3. The pipeline is small and easy to be blocked.
4. The fluid resistance is large and the treatment capacity is generally small.
PHEAccessories.com is a professional PHE gasket and plate supplier focusing on compatible replacements of plate heat exchanger gaskets, plates and other accessories for all kinds of brands, which are 100% compatible to original machines.